Monday, October 29, 2012

...privileges and blessings......

Just returned home from voting early. What a wonderful privilege!!!! It never fails to hit me when I stand "in" the voting booth--it was a little different a couple of years ago when we actually went inside a little booth. But it still gives me such a sense of pride and patriotism!!!! How grateful I am for this wonderful country.........

 
And look what came in the mail the other day!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!! I feel so valued and appreciated!!!! Not that it really matters all that much, but it is an added perk I hadn't imagined! I'm so thankful I have a chance to "give back".........though I don't think I will ever be able to give back all that Suzanne required............I know it's not necessary or expected, but I love the feeling and thought of being able to do something for someone else that was so important and appreciated by us. Does that make sense? When I would take Suzanne for infusions, I would sit there and watch the blood drip....and more especially the platelets because when she got low on platelets it was scarier somehow..........and while watching, a feeling of deep gratitude would come over me for those people who were willing to give time and some of themselves for my sweet daughter. I want to give that hope and security--when everything feels so uncertain--to someone else..........I want them to know that someone cares...........someone who's been in that very chair..........

2 comments:

  1. I think the way you feel about donating blood is so great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to give! Are you going to be able to come for Festival of Trees?

    ReplyDelete