Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February MLC

We had MLC again today...........RAH!!!!!! One of my very most favorite events here. We get to meet with the leadership of the mission and learn from President and Sister Hanks. Stupendous!!!!! I just don't think there is any way I can communicate what a wonderful blessing this is! I really wish I could  have all of you in my pocket for these meetings. AND!!!!! Remember, January was "Book of Mormon month" and each companionship was challenged to share 40 copies of the Book of Mormon? Not just hand them out, but have a conversation with someone, share a scripture and hand them an open book! I have maxed out my order for the last three months trying to keep up to them!!! When I ordered everything I could the first of January, I suddenly realized I wouldn't have anything for them at this meeting today!! YIKES!!! And just to give you perspective........they wanted 1640 today!! Needless to say, I didn't have them. I had almost half though, thanks to the secretary in the Georgia Macon Mission. I called her two weeks ago and asked if she would order 800 books and have them shipped to me. She was willing. So the Books came yesterday and we loaded them off the truck right into the van. (Occasionally I do a smart thing.) Then I got on the computer to make my order on the 2nd. I ordered 800 to send to Macon, then 840 for us. That was all I could order. We will take them to zone conferences next week. We had quite the juggling act. I hope I juggled well. Come to think of it, I don't know what we'll do for MLC next month! AGH!!!!!

And I'm very grateful to say our lunch was a grand slam!! We had stew, bread/butter, clemetines and banana splits with a variety of toppings. Sister Hanks made a fudge sauce to die for!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh. We agreed to swap recipes. Roger peeled about 30 carrots last night which I chopped up and put back in the frig then chopped four very large onions and browned 8 pounds of stew meat. When we got to the church this morning--an hour later than I wanted to be there--I dumped the meat, onions and carrots into three 6-quart crocks (from crock pots), one large--6 quart--stainless "Dutch oven" I brought with me and other spices; covered them and put them all in the oven. I was a little nervous about half way through fearing that it might not be completely cooked. Turns out it was cooked "to a turn". I was so thankful!!! Father in heaven has blessed me so many times! The missionaries kept filling their bowls and we hauled the pans out to the table. We had one large pan left which I will take to Ensley tomorrow night for the Elders there. It just worked out so well!! And they loved it!! We had a really cold, wintry day here, so it even fit with the weather.

I had asked Roger and Elder Newman to dish the ice cream, but by the time we got back to the kitchen the sisters were doing it!!!! And such beautiful, lovely sisters!



The one just peeking into the picture and the one with the scarf are "brand new" sisters.........they have come since we got here and this was their first leadership council meeting. They are so impressive! and darling......which is probably needless to say. Wonderful! Wonderful Day!!!! I absolutely, totally love this opportunity!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So, so, so HAPPY for you!! And thank you for sharing. I feel the joy and Spirit of sharing the Gospel through your words and I am more grateful than I can tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would loooove to be in your pocket :) that is a crazy lot of BofM and times that by all the missions in the church...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy's idea of being in your pocket is great!! Sign me up too!!

    ReplyDelete