Sunday, October 27, 2019

........finding joy.........



We were privileged to spend nearly an entire day with these lovely ladies. Such sweet girls! I think we fell in love..........


These sisters got a new frig and wished the door opened the other direction. With Roger, their wish is his command.......he had to watch a youtube video to learn how to do it. Still.....it was little tricky.....


The front door of one of the missionary houses......I think it is so cool. Both sides slide and lock in the middle...... When they are home they usually have it open to the little courtyard with the locked gate on the street. Really a charming little place........


.....my back to the door looking out through the gate to the street.....


 .....one of the Sisters lettered this and had it above her desk......I needed the reminder.....


Some street scenes......I don't know how there is not electricity flying all over the place and blackouts or people getting hurt........or anyone getting power. I do know some steal power from their neighbor sometimes.........



I love it when they hang flags across the street like this......the desire for beauty and/or fun regardless of circumstance.....


 Somehow they just don't look as steep in my pictures. Many times my heart is in my throat!


I'm going to have to walk up this one sometime.....just up around the corner there it turns to stairs. I assume the cars parked at the bottom belong to people living up around that corner......


One area of town here there are all these beautiful buildings......white with different colored trimmings....blue, pink, green. I want to wander there one day.


We are looking for a new apartment for the elders......this is the view from one.......my choice.......except the very narrow outdoor staircase would be a nightmare.



Our wait for the elevator is extremely pleasant and often not long enough. I finally got a picture in which you can see the ships and tankers.......always different and always the same.......


The bamboo tunnel near the airport.........at night, with the lights........lovely.........



We stopped at a bakery the other day. This table captured my interest. I would have bought some, but all cheese is expensive here, and especially the imported cheese........I thought of you, Meg.....and wished you were here to tell me about it all..........


I think front and center is a whole smoked ham leg...there were several more hanging above my head.



Here's a picture for you Nutella lovers.........it's kind of hard to find the peanut butter, and it is in little jars and not much of it.......I guess Nutella wins!


We had a horrible experience in this store......waiting for almost an hour. Roger's shirt was soaked all around the collar before we left. The only relief was watching these little monkeys running around the rafters. We wondered what happened at night?????

On the red pipe

Just below the light a little right of center

Roger and Elder S. buying bus tickets for transfers. I had a fascinating time people watching and just taking it all in...........


And one more of the mouth of the bay...........so many ships in and out all day long........sometimes I feel I'd like to be on one of them. Some are loaded and riding low.......others are not.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog...it is good for my heart!! Thank you for finding joy!

    ReplyDelete