Thursday, January 9, 2020

Oh How Lovely Was This Day

Today is incredibly lovely.......We were able to finish up many things this morning, so we have come home early today. I'm sitting on our balcony, listening to the call of the many birds above the sounds of the city. I had no idea there would be so many birds right here in the heart of the city! I've spent a delightful fifteen minutes hanging over the railing watching them--blue, grey, rusty, a mustard-y yellow as well as a buttery yellow.......and all different voices! Father in Heaven has blessed us so abundantly! Their homes are in a wooded patch just behind our building. I imagine I'm looking down on the top of the jungle canopy! Dozens of different trees; all shades of green from lemony green to blue-green that create excellent camouflage for the blue birds. I'm sure they are all different heights as well. But from up here, they look fairly flat. There is a small "university" bordering the  other side of the trees. I hope there is no easy access to this little oasis. I hate to think of someone coming in and cutting down the trees for a high-rise apartment building. (They just did that over by the mission home--makes my heart ache.) This morning while waiting for the elevator we were watching out the window on the other side of the building. The zoo is straight across the street--another large wooded area. I had already taken pictures of the ships at the mouth of the bay and was watching the birds--swallows, I think, a few different varieties--as the careened above the road seeking their breakfast. I see them often while we are waiting. Sometimes they fly so close to the window I could touch them and they are so swift! Suddenly, hundreds of yellow wings blossomed out from one of the trees in the zoo. At first I thought they were more birds, then more fluttered into the sky! Butterflies!! Thousands of them!! Bright yellow butterflies! that quickly got lost in the bright light of morning. I want to know the names of all these lovely things......the trees, the birds, the butterflies...... What a Wonderful World! It truly is glorious and beautiful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment