Monday, January 24, 2011

...pondering

I have been pondering...........the purpose of this blog........it's meaning to me..........is it worth the time I take? Is it fulfilling a good purpose? I chose the "title" with great care.......and when I hit on "...with joyful heart" it felt right.........and something I wanted to share with the world..........

So.....in that light, I am going to occasionally share thoughts and feelings of my heart. Music is important to me and has played a huge part in my life. Many times it expresses emotions and feelings I have no words for. And since "the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me"..........this truly was prayer yesterday..........

"God, our Father, hear us pray;
Send thy grace this holy day.
As we take of emblems blest,
On our Savior's love we rest.

Grant us, Father, grace divine;
May thy smile upon us shine.
As we eat the broken bread,
Thine approval on us shed.

As we drink the water clean,
Let thy Spirit linger near.
Pardon faults, O Lord, we pray;
Bless our efforts day by day."
("Hymns", The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, no. 170)

As I thought all the plural pronouns as "I", "me", "my".......it became, truly, a song from my heart--a prayer. I know He lives!!! He is my Savior, my Brother and my Friend..........I pray he counts me among His friends............I just read back over the words..........and I must make an amendment........I know They Both live!!!! They love us and have done and will do everything they possibly can to assure our return Home!! And yes, there are times when I am Homesick...........

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your testimony. I have absolute knowledge that they do love us and care for us beyond our comprehension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been paying a lot more attention to the words of the sacrament songs lately. They beautiful and thought provoking. I am also loving the New Testament lessons.

    ReplyDelete