Wednesday, April 13, 2011

...quilt for a "blessing"

I just finished a "blessing quilt" for a lucky little grandnephew.........not lucky because of the quilt, but lucky because he is a much wanted, much loved little blessing who has great parents and grandparents who will teach him the most important things he could know..........all in a loving, nurturing environment. I wish I could take credit for those thoughts, but, sorry to say, I learned them years ago from a young man in our ward who was blessing his own baby boy.......solid truth! Sooooooo, here are a few pictures of the quilt...........hand quilted by another loving g-aunt. I just did the binding. This is truly an "ancestor" quilt as well............the fabric came from one of Great-grandma's closets, purchased years ago, and many aunts, uncles and second cousins have had quilts from similar fabric. The quilting design is one Great-grandma has used many times.........you get the idea..........I'm tired...........



 

No comments:

Post a Comment