Sunday, May 15, 2011

...to market, to market

Sorry it's been so long since posting..........time has been flying by at warp-speed, hence, my life has also been "flying by".........."as it were in a dream"..........I never understood those words until rather recently. I'm not sure I understand them now, but I'm beginning to think so.

HOWEVER!!!!......

Last Wednesday I had the exciting opportunity to attend "quilt market" in Salt Lake City........


...a crazy, run as fast as you can, see as much as you can, talk with as many people as you can, and (sometimes--spend as much money as you can) unbelievable time!!!!! I don't have any pictures because, unlike the first time I went--four years ago--I did not want to haul around my big camera. And sometimes people don't like you taking pictures of their booths............but, oh my...........I wish so badly I had taken a smaller one and had asked permission to take some pictures. It was like a two-day-long trunk show. (If you are asking, "what is a trunk show"..........it's when someone brings piles and piles of quilts and shows them to you.......glorious time!!!)  And besides that!!!!! You get to meet the designers of quilts and fabrics............celebrities of the quilt world!!!!!!! And this time I got to meet one--two--I've been wanting to meet badly for a few months now, anyway. I'm a little surprised at how my "tastes" have evolved. Really, the agony and the ecstasy is that I am continually adding to "the things I love". I haven't really crossed anything off the "I love..." list, but added to it!!!! this could be a real problem! Now, instead of 100 quilts I yearn to make, I have a few times that!!!! An amazing concept...........and one I hope to understand (and fulfill) sometime in the eternities! Oh my..........there are some exquisitly beautiful quilts and amazingly talented people in this world........ and like I said, I wish I had some pictures to share with you. I guess I kind of walked around a little dazed at where I was and what I was doing and who I was doing it with!!!!! I learned so much, experienced new things, had such a great time, and nearly wore out my feet........it was a little hard to come back to real life.........but NOW I have the opportunity to recreate some of what I saw........and learned about some tools to make it easier to accomplish!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! still..............

5 comments:

  1. O, I would so love to go to something like this. Please let me know when it is next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Aunt Carol. A lot. I loved the comment about agony and ecstasy of adding things that you love to to your "love pile." So true. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm so glad you could go! And the adding to your "to make" list ... it's official. I am my mother's daughter. I was in Bernina the other day and they had a whole row of quilts on display ... all from the same book ... and all gorgeous. So "40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts" is now on my "to buy" list. So I can make 90% of the quilts in it. Someday. Have you seen it? Better yet - do you own it? I think you'd like it. Love you! (and - just so we're clear - I am very happy I am "my mother's daughter" and to have "inherited" this from you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This post just wore me out.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Candi, but so glad to be related to you and Lisa--go for it!!

    ReplyDelete