Thursday, August 18, 2011

...some of my favorite things...

Yes, it's been a while..........there are times when I feel I don't have anything to share and other times when I feel I don't have time to sit down and write something. That doesn't mean that I don't spend time doing other things on the computer--like read someone else's blog. I have a favorite heirloom designer. She has a blog and she's faithful. I wish I lived in her town..........or better yet, that she lived in mine! We had a talk with our 17 year old the other night about making things happen instead of making excuses. (I know, you've never had such a talk with your child.) But afterward, as I was looking at the exquisitely lovely little clothes Jeannie makes and reading of her classes, I decided I'm going to make something happen! I'm going to save some money--don't really know where it's coming from--and go to one of her classes! I can read directions and decipher illustrations as well as the next gal, but there is nothing like being right there and watching as she embroiders........so I'm going to make it happen! Tell me, if you dare, that this is not one of the sweetest, most beautiful dresses you have ever seen.......


...or this one...


See why I want to go to at least one of her classes????? So beautiful they make my heart ache.....and I need to be getting started on a little white something of my own. We have a new grandson!!! He's still a wee little thing, but so perfect in every way. Mother and baby are doing well..........


And we had a wedding in the family two weeks ago! As per the standing arrangement with my sister, I made a quilt. I love to make quilts! And I hope that someday I can be as happy with my machine quilting as I am with my hand quilting..........it's going to take some work!!


 And I want to share some pictures of one of my favorite buildings in all the world.....(there are about 150 of these "favorite" buildings) it was absolutely and totally beautiful that day...........one that could not be improved upon.....one to "fill my reservoir"....




And now! I think I will go and make something happen! Goodness knows, I have enough to do!

3 comments:

  1. Mama - I don't think I told you, but I think Deborah's quilt was beautiful. Loved it. And I'm sure she did, too.

    And I'm excited for you to take that class! Then you can learn how to make that first dress for my little girl someday. (not that everything should be for my benefit ... ) I think it's gorgeous. I'm excited to see you (and little Ros!) tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresses are beautiful! I wonder if that is the kind of work Yara has been doing? I get complacent too. I have tried to make some things happen this summer. Now I need to take a picture of them and blog them. Right after I do the pictures of our vacation.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on the new grandson! I'm glad mom and baby are doing well. Give them all a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete