Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

I thought I should tell you about our Thanksgiving..........it was perfect.........we had everyone here but John and Sarah........so I guess it wasn't quite perfect. Lisa and Kelly came Tuesday night and worked so hard on Wednesday, doing all those little things I just never get to. They vacuumed up dust older than they are!!!! Well.......almost.......... On Wednesday morning we had a big steam engine come through town on it's way to Ogden. I think I remember reading that it is the last 4-8-4 engine Union Pacific had built. It certainly was big. It was certainly noisy. And it was certainly a thrill to see it so close up and working! My only regret is that I didn't ask to ride it to Lynndyl.....Tooele would have been better!! These huge machines fill me with awe.........




We put some coins on the track, but you can see he outsmarted us by coming on the other track......... I think the nearer track is a siding.........






They were pumping grease in somewhere...........very noisy.......... But look at the size of those drive wheels!!

After all that excitement it was back the house and preparing for Thursday........ More people came that night. Kevin and Brian came with their families on Thursday. Brian always has to work some hours on holidays...........we ate about 3:00............



Michelle made these lovely decorations for our tables...........



It was just so wonderful to have them all here...........it was so "right". I loved it!!!! I'm so glad we have Thanksgiving Day!




P.S. This is my first post since changing my template..........I think this is such a pretty one.


1 comment:

  1. That steam engine made it all the way to Evanston too but I didn't know about till the day after...lol.
    I'm so glad you had so much family around you!

    ReplyDelete