Sunday, December 11, 2011

...goal accomplished!

In our quilt guild we had a challenge this year to complete some of our old projects--UFOs they are called. I really can't tell you where it came from. Just one of those things........... We were to set our own goal......"how many UFOs do you think you can finish this year?" Now, to appreciate this, you need to know that I had never before completed my goal! In some years past we had a contest to see who could complete the most..........well, I didn't even try those years..........after all, I had a family to care for and a more important goal of putting a nutritious meal on the table every night! That I did most nights........still, not every single one, but I feel okay about that. I'll stop talking........short story here is I COMPLETED THIS ONE!!!! I committed to four UFOs............not many, but certainly more than I had ever done before!! AND I MADE IT!!!! Here are three of the quilts...........the fourth was one I quilted for my daughter-in-law next door.........she pieced the top for her new baby boy and it sat for months on my quilt rack waiting for me to quilt it. Now the baby is four months old (she finished her part at least a couple of months before his birth) ...........but now it is quilted!!! RAH!!! Here they are......!!!


This one, I had to make the top............I've had the rabbit done for more years than I care to admit. Now it's done so Dan can enjoy it and use it while he's still in school...........I was going to say "while he's still a Rabbit" but he will always be a "Rabbit"!!!!


This was a class I taught years ago............finally quilted!!


And a humanitarian quilt............the white was donated to the guild and we were to go home and use some scraps, etc., to make a quilt...........this is left-over pajama fabric...........finally!!! DONE!!!!

It was/is such a good feeling to actually complete this.........I was beginning to think I couldn't "finish" anything!! But I can!!! Thanks for celebrating with me...........

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! I wish I was their to give you a pat on the back...you'll have to do it for me, please;)

    ReplyDelete