Wednesday, January 4, 2012

...a new year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 

I'm always a little shocked every time we begin a new year....and a little dismayed that I'm a whole year older and don't feel any wiser or better or smarter or more organized or _________ you fill in the blank. Just about anything will work! But then I remind myself that I have to be patient, even with me...........Pres. Uchtdorf's talk in general Relief Society meeting was very comforting......

We have had one of the most joyous and satisfying holiday seasons ever! I told you about our Thanksgiving.....well, Christmas was just as wonderful. I love having Christmas Day fall on Sunday. Our ward music director had each auxillary and priesthood group sing a special song and while they were moving to and from the choir seats the congregation sang a carol from the hymn book. So everyone had the opportunity to sing! We ended with Sally DeFord's arrangement of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing".......a beautiful arrangement with difficult accompaniment..........I called in a gifted friend for that one. It was all so wonderful! And someday I'm going to be able to really sing those songs the way I want to!

I planned early enough and started early enough to make quilts for our five oldest grandchildren. And I got them done!! That was one of the highlights of Christmas day for me.........to watch them open their gifts.  I had that special feeling come over me again as we were sitting around the tree sharing gifts and love and conversation with one another. There is absolutely nothing in this world better than family............I'm sure you would agree.............


A couple of pictures of Christmas at our house........(and the quilts--I totally loved the way each one turned out.)


...for the Thomas lover
 
...for the zebra lover

...for the princess

...for the giraffe lover


Hmmmmm.......there was one more..........the "poky little puppy"......I'll have to find a picture.......

2 comments:

  1. The quilts are awesome! I'm so glad you have had such a great holiday season:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible accomplishment Carol! Besides your creative sewing gene you posted and wrote about your beautiful quilts on your blog. Happy New Year, cousin!

    ReplyDelete