Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday on Saturday...

You may have been or are wondering if I'm not thankful this week. I am. It's just that the echo of last week's post has sounded so pompous to me that I am a little hesitant here............. I did not mean to sound arrogant at all last week. In fact, I am humbled at our Father's generosity--in that I feel I really haven't done anything to merit such a gift, and yet, in love and mercy He gave it and has magnified it. I pray I can use it to praise and glorify Him all my days...........

Now, for this week..........I am so thankful for temples!! Gorgeous, hallowed temples............we were in one Thursday night--Manti. Roger's ancestors helped build that temple and I have never felt so "at home" in any other. After passing the recommend desk you find a long hallway ahead of you with offices on both sides. As I walk down that hallway I experience that "home feeling" as I rarely do anywhere else on earth. Something calls to me, "I'm coming......I'm coming home...." If I could live anywhere I chose, I would choose the Manti temple. There are times I want to just sit at a table with my scriptures, or sit in one of the "back" rooms (that you see only when you have emergencies or stay to do sealings between sessions) and ponder or nap. I think it's so easy to nap in the temple because there is such a feeling of peace. I am seldom "worried" while in the temple. (I do think about things that concern me.....wondering what He would have me do.) The peace and calm are so prevalent that the "worry" seems to just seep away and I am assured that all will be well if I trust in the Lord. My finite mind can hardly wrap itself around such a concept, but I know it's true.........

I am thankful for Houses of the Lord available to us on earth........and that His invitation is always, "Come unto me...".

These are the only pictures I could find quickly--taken the night before Lisa's wedding............


No comments:

Post a Comment