Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday......

I'm a little hesitant to start this............"Thankful Thursday" sounds somewhat corny, but I'm also hoping it will remind me that "today I need to express some gratitude". So here goes............

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is away from home right now, working hard to support our family. As a beekeeper he works harder than he probably should.......and his worn out "bionic" body attests to that. But I'm especially thankful today because he is encouraging me in one of those way-out extra-optional tasks I have taken on. Let me explain: I love to sew--quilting being at the top of the list, or near it. I belong to our local quilt guild. We have a quilt show every year in conjunction with the Snow Goose Festival here--this being our tenth year. There was risk this year that it might "die" for want of a "leader". Roger encouraged me to volunteer. I did--and I've had lots of wonderful help. We have done much planning, writing letters to possible vendors and friends who will do "trunk shows". Yesterday I received a call telling me that the dates have been changed!!!!! AND!!! they had scheduled the building out from under us! PANIC!!!!!!! My first call was to my dear, supportive husband. Near tears, I explained our dilemma. He has been a voice of calm reassurance and reason reigning in my tendency to be angry and possibly saying something I would later regret. He has called several times in the past 24 hours to see how I'm doing as I consider the possibilities. The foundation of my calm--if I can call it that--is his confidence that "it will all work out". And I know if it comes to hauling chairs, tables, quilt stands........whatever..........he will be first in line to help me. So today my heart is full of thanks for my husband and his sterling qualities!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your description and admire him for falling in love with such a wonderful woman as you.

    ReplyDelete