Thursday, May 20, 2010

Daniel at State Water Polo

I didn't take the time last week to share highlights of the State Water polo Tournament.......even though we lost every game, there were some highlights. It's been delightful to watch this team come together. They have steadily improved. And they are a young team--one senior and two juniors and many new beginners..........Daniel has steadily improved through the season as well--he is a sophomore.

I don't know how familiar you are with water polo.......but they are treading water continually. That alone would do me in! At the beginning of the game they "sprint" from the end with their goal to the middle where the official drops the ball along the side at the mid-point of the pool.........kind of like a tip off in a basketball game, only instead of who can jump the highest, it's who can swim the fastest.........



the beginning of the game.......I think he looks like a sea lion with just his eyes and nose out of the water.......Michelle thinks he looks like an alligator.........



These next five pictures show one of his steals........he is really pretty good at it.......I think he could be the "John Stockton of water polo" with his steals and assists.........


......after tipping the ball, he goes after it........


.......he's still trying to get it......knocking it out of the opponent's hand.....floating around on the water.......crazy!!!.......



.......he puts it in front of him and drives or "dribbles" toward the goal.......(I think it really is "drive" but I sometimes have to put it in basketball terms)


.....still driving......but thinking about stopping and shooting........(the red in the water is the reflection of the scoreboard)......


.....after his shot.......don't know if this one went in, but a couple of them did......RAH!!!!



.....relaxing.......



......he's the defender here--#3......see how far he is out of the water?.....


this is probably one of my best pictures.........I was clear up in the stands, and I really need to learn more about using my wonderful camera!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a workout!! There must never be a dull moment. I had the days right all along for Clint's return -just typed it wrong on my blog. 68 more days!

    ReplyDelete