Sunday, May 2, 2010

"there is no end".......really............

Yesterday Roger and I were in Salt Lake City with extra time on our hands. (I know. You thought that was impossible.) We had heard an ad on the radio about a show at the Planetarium--"Hubble 3-D". We decided to drive by, I would run in to see if their schedule worked with ours. It did!!! The show would start in about five minutes!! Richard went to park the car while Roger and I bought tickets and tried to wait patiently for Richard's return. They started the show without us! And the theater was full, so we walked all the way to the top and stood at the back. I was worried about Roger, but he did okay and was thrilled with the show............I will confess..........I cried. I thought of Daddy through much of it--thought how he would have thrilled: at the launch of Atlantis in 2009 with their last mission to repair and enhance the telescope; at the beauty and absolute immensity of space; the testimony it is of a Creator. In fact, I'm compiling a list of places Daddy and I are going to visit once I have the ability to do so...............Pillars of Creation in the Eagle nebula is first on the list.



However........we may have to go by way of the Carina nebula............

(this is the top of three-light-year tall pillars of gas, dust and stars!!!!!..........Karen......this is AWESOME!!!!!!)

Oh my..............I'm sure Daddy wouldn't mind, and I'm sure I wouldn't mind having any of you along who might want to go with us! Can you imagine actually seeing these things for ourselves and comprehending them and understanding what it going on inside there!!! I've thought I would like to experience a hurricane, tornado, tsunami and/or volcano close up, just to feel the majesty and wildness of it all.........mind you, I would have to be safe, so don't worry--I probably won't have that experience in this life (not sure that I would feel safe enough). It's like feeling the words "man's puny arm" and "the mighty Mississippi".........I don't know that I have expressed my feelings very well. I will have to trust to luck that you may feel some of the same stirrings within you...........and........you are welcome to come on our "trip" through the universe. In the mean time.........I highly recommend the show at Clark Planetarium!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging!!!! Mandy is going to the show tomorrow with school. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I learned about you and Uncle Ross today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be SO neat! I love your blog, you're already a pro at this stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely review, Carol. The second recommendation I'd heard in 24 hrs. This goes on my to-do list, "minus standing at the back."

    ReplyDelete