Saturday, February 5, 2011

...of home, mountains and love

I went to visit my mother last Sunday............you know, sometimes you just have to have that "home fix". There is a point in the road--after leaving Heber City and starting up the  mountain--where you come to the top and looking over the hills you can see Hoyt's Peak...........at that point I feel "home". These are the mountains that sheltered me. They were immovable and gave me strength. We literally lived "in the tops of the mountains" and I have been most grateful.............I am still very thankful that Salt Lake was "far" away then. Some people may have thought we were isolated, but it was the very isolation that fed my soul.............


 I am also what my sister calls a "Timp junkie"..........I confess I am..........I am also sure there are many, many people who consider her "theirs", but they have to share her with me.....I all her seasons. I think I love her best in winter, when she is blanketed with snow and pink in the early morning. I wonder..........how is it possible to love a mountain? ....dirt, rocks, boulders...........but I do.........this mountain has a soul..........and, another confession..........I love her............these pictures are from Heber Valley, so she looks a little different, but it's still "her".........


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving it a name, "home fix" I like that. For me it is the church steeple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of favorite moutains with various memories! Black Mountain by Bear Lake, Twin Peaks above Randolph. The pass going to Star Valley. And coming into Randolph from Cokeville. I don't know why? O, and green knoll where we spent our honeymoon and the places we snowmachine on Monte. Hmmmm...maybe I should blog my mountains?

    P.S. Only 7 wedding pictures because they take toooooo long to load. I know my computer is old:) We go together;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom I love the pictures. And although I did not have the privilege to grow up there I still get a feeling of "home" whenever we go. I love it there too, but I'm sure it's no where near how much you love it. I love you mom and thanks for the opportunity I've had to share your "home".

    ReplyDelete