Wednesday, June 8, 2011

...two rivers

I went "home" again today--just for a few hours. We had to stop and take some pictures of the rivers we encountered............with the snow melting, I'm sure you are aware they are running high and higher. We wished we could have spent more time to sit and listen...............but we had important people to visit with. It was a grand day.............

The first one is the Provo River just above Jordanelle Reservior. So this is actual uncontrolled runoff--I think--with some water from the Weber River thrown in for good measure. The canal through Kamas was full......you gotta love springtime in the Rockies even when it's a late spring!






River #2 is the Sevier River just at the north end of Leamington. This is "controlled" "make room in the reserviors" kind of runoff. It was a couple of feet higher last week. But it's still pretty spread out. I'm not really sure which is the actual river bed. And maybe both are..........this is a rather slow meandering river. You know, the river is twice as long as the actual distance. Someday I would like to take a long, meandering canoe trip............



See all the swallow nests under the side of the bridge? That's a great place for them. Michelle and I were just about carried away by mosquitoes! The swallows better get busy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had time to go to Kamas. The river at my plac is over the banks but my lawn needs watered. Kinda crazy:)

    ReplyDelete