Sunday, June 26, 2011

...collectilble moments

A member of our ward taught us a few weeks ago about "collectible moments"--you know, those "moments" when your children look like sleeping angels (and I discovered even 20-year-olds qualify), the sunset is so beautiful it makes you ache, or music that does the same thing, or someone says something that triggers a special memory, or just something that makes you glad to be alive! right now! right here! Well...........I'm trying to cultivate the habit of noticing those "moments". You know! it's easy to miss them! Here are a few I've caught (I didn't take a picture of the 20-year-old):

One of our climbing roses that survived the drastic drop in temperature last Thanksgiving. I wish I had paid better attention to just how drastic is was here............


Look at our sweet peas!!!!! I hope we can have them for at least a couple of weeks. It's getting to be very warm here. But as cool as it's been, maybe we will blow right through the hot stuff quickly enough that they will survive...........I'm not counting on it though............we are thoroughly enjoying them now!


We just found--well, John found it--a hummingbird nest in our lilac bush! It is miraculously small! And how in the world does it stick?!?!??? And what is it made of???? There are two baby birds in it........we could see them breathing--but could not recognize any "bird parts". They look like two very tiny black balls.... (and, of course, I focused on the nest--not the birds! Maybe better next time.)


1 comment: