Monday, October 17, 2011

consistency...Chapter Two

Roger and I took the truck from there and went to Grace for potatoes.........I love the drive from Preston to Grace. At times I fancy I would love to put in my winter supply, pull my lane in after me and wait for the snow to pile up. At any rate, I thought you might enjoy seeing a small part of it....

Start off with the piles of potatoes at the Stoddard Farms "stand"..........a very large metal shed filled with bags of potatoes. And while there were plenty of people coming to buy and "take away", there were tractors pulling wagons loaded with more to "bring". The volume is staggering..........



standing just outside the shed full of potatoes looking to the north-west

you can't see the other "cellars" behind these two--they are enormous!

The rest of these are the country south of Grace and before Preston. It's so hard to capture what I feel in a picture. Maybe impossible. But! Maybe you will feel it too!







1 comment:

  1. I love driving through this area too. There is just something about seeing the land being productive and the hard work that you know people put into that makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete