Sunday, October 30, 2011

...the second half of September

Which really is less than "half" but...........well, you understand. And just so I have an excuse for being less than consistent--my sweet Mother "graduated" two weeks ago. I was able to see her the day before she left us. It was wonderful to have another chance to tell her how much I love her and thank her for all she has given me. To learn more about this remarkably lovely woman, click here.

We blessed little Roscoe Jack on the 25th. All of our children were here........we had a great time. This is the little suit I made for him. Boy clothes are significantly more simple than girl clothes!



 Here we all are but for Suzanne. She hasn't felt up to being out of bed for very long for some time now..........we miss her.............


These last three pictures are of Daniel playing in the band. Homecoming 2011!! And new uniforms!!! They finally allowed the "band man" who was already teaching at the middle school to take over the band at the high school. (I know. You'd think that would be a no-brainer.......but sometimes it takes a while for the powers that be to figure things out.) At any rate......he had been at the high school a few weeks when he started having early morning practices to teach they a half-time show. Of course, they had no uniforms..........we hadn't had a "marching band" for more than twenty years!!!! Some of the band students lobbied to wear the old moth-eaten wool uniforms from THIRTY years ago. They did a good job! Convinced the administration and the "powers" that they were serious and deserved some new uniforms! Got 'em!!!!! Don't they look sharp? We are so proud of these kids! Last year, while waiting for the uniforms to be made they marched in black slacks and white polo shirts. They are getting better with every competition and performance. Daniel is kind of in the middle playing the silver trumpet...........he's pretty good............the pictures are kind of fuzzy--sorry--but really, I was in Provo watching BYU play..........my sweet DIL took these for me. I have other pictures taken in the daylight.......for another time...........



2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the family. Everyone looks so good. Sure miss Suzanne though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can all be together so much!

    ReplyDelete