Sunday, September 22, 2019

Preach My Gospel~~Ministering

What a wonderful week we have had! And amazing too! It really shouldn't amaze me--after all, this is the Lord's work. I guess part of the amazing thing is that He allows us to be a part of it. Reminds me of Elder Holland's talk about working with imperfect mortals. Thank goodness the Lord is patient!

Our "Preach my Gospel" training was so good! I think every member of the church would be blessed by having this training. We were paired with another senior couple and we took turns teaching each other. You would think there wouldn't be much to teach about in a situation like this. We get to know one another and the concerns we have then plan a lesson, teach doctrine and follow up. It's ministering!!! And the principles are the same whether you are teaching someone who has never heard about Jesus Christ or strengthening one another. That's how I approached it anyway. How does one teach an ex-stake president!?!?!! I'm certain we were not paired by accident. They have been wonderful! We have decided we are going to have to have a fireside together when we get home to hear all about the other mission. They are going to Australia for 18 months--to Sydney, I think.

The young people who teach us are amazing!!! They are such good role models to follow in our teaching. And just so positive and enthusiastic and encouraging. I suppose they know we need that!

We went home for the weekend--now we are back for our "office training". Four days of that.......

Here is the view from our window........


No comments:

Post a Comment