Sunday, September 29, 2019

....when seven days feels like a year....

From this vantage point this week feels like a few decades! It seems almost impossible that it was just a week ago we hugged Scott and Meg goodbye and waved them off in their new car. Impossible! But every time I check, it has been just one week!

We returned to the MTC for our "office training". Had dinner with Daniel and a short visit with Fred and Michelle on Tuesday. I think we finished watching the safety videos on Wednesday. Following testimony meeting with our group on Thursday afternoon, we returned home.

They asked us to hang this outside our door when we left

We had our packing to finish up. Hugging and kissing tired grandchildren goodbye was particularly difficult. Many of us shed copious tears.......I believe some people would have called us "watering pots", and would be fairly accurate!



Brian and Michael took us to the airport where Richard also met us. I was grateful to have their help wrestling with our large bags! They all came in under 50 pounds!! Yay!! The "boys" waved and waved..... even while I waited for Dad on the other side of security, they were still there, waving and waving. It did my heart good. Thank you guys! Dad enjoyed the reversal of roles here--us telling each of you goodbye and waving--now you are doing the same thing for us.








Our flights were good. I had the middle seat from SLC to JFK.........which was okay. We were so tired, I slept and read most of the way. We flew way north to avoid storms in the Midwest. (I love those flight trackers on the screens!) I was surprised how far north we went. The first projected route was right across the middle of Lake Michigan. I guess the storms were worse than expected.




I was extremely blessed with a window seat from NYC to Sao Paulo. We left NY just after 9:00 p.m. I wished we could have flown in the daytime--with a window seat, of course. But nighttime is pretty as well. And the sunrise spectacular!





The bright light just off the wing is really the light on the wing. I find that light particularly comforting when I fly at night...... And I had to have a picture of my "first site" of Brazil!


I guess this wasn't really my first sight of it..........this is Sao Paulo.......but it was either too dark or cloudy over the rain forest, which tried my patience some. President and Sister Triumpho met us at the airport in Salvador. We were close to an hour late as they were struggling with a door on the plane in Sao Paulo. We were so tired! Weary, is maybe a better word. But here we are!!!! Sister Triumpho took some pictures.......I'll try to get them. Though I shudder to think what we looked like!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, THANK YOU for the post! I loved your pictures and I'm happy for you but I'm afraid I just contributed some to your bucket of water! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete