Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Madness...not all on the BB court

Ahhhh, March..........you have to love March. And though my Cougars lost last night, I still have to shout their praises. They have shown me how to persevere in the face of great accolades as well as the total opposite. They are all heroes at our house! Way to go Cougars!!!!!

Now..........on a very small and mostly unnoticed stage...........my backyard, really.......I have a spot prepared for the sweet peas every year. Unfortunately, they don't like the heat we get here in July through September, so we thought we'd try to extend the season by starting earlier. Our wonderful Richard planted seeds about a month ago now and I had a flat of beautiful six inch seedlings. I finally got them planted day before yesterday in my carefully prepared bed--...........here's the result so far. I'm really hoping this works.............


I planted them pretty close together.......and the white "row cover" is safety pinned to the "climbing fence". The first night I thought I had it all weighted down and pinned down only to wake up at 6:00 the following morning to a gale blowing and my cover held on by only TWO clothes pins!!! I grabbed a coat and ran out in my nightgown to fix it more securely. It has stayed put since! Thank goodness. You can see it was needed...........the next picture was the second morning..........we are having rain today and the plants still look really good. Keeping my fingers crossed..............

1 comment: