Tuesday, October 6, 2015

....another great day!

Another wonderful day here in Alabama...........MLC. And!!! another home run with the meal! I am so grateful! We had "loaded potatoes"..........very large baked potatoes, butter, sour cream, barbequed or pulled pork, grated cheese--pepper jack, cheddar, or mozzarella, bacon chips, sliced olives, sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli, ranch dressing, chives and more barbeque sauce, if you wanted it. I cannot believe how much food these missionaries can put away!!!!! I thought we would have plenty. Uh.........no! I cooked about 14 pounds of pork............I should have done 18-20 pounds. I've made me some good notes so I will have plenty next time.........like in about six months. Maybe not even that long, as many of the ones there will be home in that time. And at first we thought we would run out of olives--but ended up having extra of those. And I got just two cans!!!! Regular size!! We had a few potatoes left over, but that's okay. I really would rather have a "few" leftovers than cut it as close as we did. And I didn't have anywhere near enough mushrooms, so we didn't even put them out on the table. Sister Hanks made the dessert............Crushed Oreo cookie crust, drizzled with fudge sauce and butter, covered with mint/chocolate chip ice cream with more fudge sauce and cookie crumbs on top. Really good, but way too much fat for my health!! I've taken to "running stairs" in the office building. (well, I exaggerate some with the "run"..........let's say I hurry) It's a three story building, so every now and then I run up the stairs at one end of the building, walk quickly through the hall on the third floor and down the stairs at the other end. Occasionally, I walk the hall on the second floor so I zig-zag through the building. At least it gives me a little exercise.

We had another couple come today to join us: the Robinsons from Heber City, grew up in Laketown!! knows Howard Lamborn--a relative? I think he said he was a school teacher--Howard Lamborn, not Elder Robinson. It is certainly a small world! They are going to serve in the southern part of the mission in a small branch down there. It was really fun when their zone leaders came into the office after MLC............I LOVE THIS!!!!!!! These young people are the best!!! AND I got an email saying my Book of Mormon order has shipped!!!!!! Hooray!!!!! AND! we're getting driving papers for missionaries coming in November and December..........as well as notices that their bikes are ordered!! That's all fabulous news!!! It's been a great day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have had a great day. I hope you are in bed by now. I am headed that way. Howard and Dad are first cousins. Howard was a school teacher and principal I want to say. He passed away about a year ago at age 90+. I'm sure the Robinsons will do great. Can you give us their first names or not. I know one Robinson from Laketown, Eldon, is the mission president in Alaska. Hope you have a great day again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Flora Lee said :) And can I come for one of your meals....yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ridiculously hungry after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete