Sunday, October 11, 2015

......euphoria and distress............

I was going to write last night, but we listened to/watched the BYU football game. Ohhhhhhhh, what a game!!! Those kinds of games take years off my life, and I don't find them pleasantly "entertaining" at all!!! I enjoy the ones in which we have a comfortable lead the WHOLE GAME!!!! Anyway............ I didn't get it written last night, and I'm really tired now. I got stung this afternoon and, of course, I didn't have any Benadryl with me!! Thankfully, we got to a store and then Dad gave me a blessing. I have got to keep it with me! I sincerely hope I never get stung again!! But I digress.........back to the wonder.......

After MLC, the rest of the week was really quiet for me. I got a lot of embroidery done! And I helped Roger run cars around--oil changes, minor repairs, major repairs/estimates, detailing and then the final inspection. He sold one a couple of weeks ago to a real "Southern gentleman" from Magnolia, and the title never showed up. Come to find out, they had the address wrong and FedEx delivered it anyway!!!!! To an address that does not exist!! Go figure......... I was really surprised they would do that. I had greater faith in FedEx...........now it's been shaken forever! Soooo...........because a week ago we sat/stood in line at the DMV in Birmingham, we called about a satellite office closer here in Hoover. We were there less than an hour!!!! You would think government could figure this stuff out a little better! Anyway, Roger worked really hard to get that all straightened out. The man wants to go on a trip "west" but needs to license his car!! Obviously........... And........I've taken to walking fast "laps" through the office building. It's kind of fun, though I wonder what people think........do I care what they think?? I think not...........

We were going to spend much of the day yesterday here at home, but we went to look at some parks--trying to find a place we can go to walk that will be more fun than on the treadmill........when we can use the treadmill. I wonder if they have the second one fixed yet? It was supposed to be done two weeks after we got here. Right......... So we drove and walked around a couple of parks--lovely small ones with ponds, albeit, dirty ponds, with ducks, geese and a few swans. We talked with some very nice people. Then it was time to go donate blood. That's thrice!!!!! We get to go every two months--well, eight weeks. I so love that we can do that!! The lady that drew my blood was really good.......didn't hurt at all, no bruise and you can hardly see the little red spot left today........no scab like sometimes in the past. I hope she is there next time and I will request her. Then we drove around a little more and met up with some sisters to help them with their bike rack. We got back here about 4:30, and I didn't feel like doing anything. For some reason, this blood draw made me more tired than before. I took a short nap, we did a little laundry, had some supper........we stopped earlier at Arby's for a good roast beef sandwich--I needed that red meat!! And it was so good. I love their roast beef and their corned beef Reuben sandwiches. I did a little sewing later.

Today was really good!! I couldn't get to sleep last night--I forgot that Sudafed keeps me awake! AGH!!!!! I thought I would be way more tired than I was though. However, it is beginning to catch up........ for both reasons......... On our way home from church this afternoon, a man, a beekeeper here in Alabama called to see if we would like to go out to his "farm" and see some of his bees. We decided we should do that. We had a really nice visit then we got in his truck to drive out to his bees. He is a retired doctor and has bought about 400 beautiful acres about 20 minutes out of town. I can't for the life of me see why he doesn't sell his house in town and build whatever they want out there. It is absolutely beautiful!!!! I would do that in a heartbeat!!! I would even live in the house OR the cabin that are already on the property!! Soooo.......we drove out to one of the yards--about ten hives and his friend was there working the bees........one flew in my window and stung me under the chin!!!!! How annoying is that!?!?!??? Thankfully, I'm not immediately in trouble. It takes awhile. But I sure wish I had taken the Benadryl with me, because by the time we could leave and then drive to where there is a store, I was utterly miserable!! Not in serious trouble, but just plain miserable!! Dad dropped me off at the door so I could go in and get them.......I was downing the second pill when he found me. Thankfully, the pharmacist was walking by when found the pills and I asked if she could help me. I told her what was going on and asked if she could get a couple of pills out for me........by then I was shaking a little bit and didn't feel like I could open the package. I know I would never have been able to get the pills out of the little foil packs. What absurd packaging!!! I was so thankful for her help. Then I went and sat down outside while Dad paid for it. As soon as we got to the car he gave me a blessing. I'm so thankful for the power of and in the priesthood!! I wasn't immediately better, but I was calm. It "peaked" about twenty minutes later, and now I am feeling almost back to normal.......I'm tired and a little weak, but breathing normally. I'm going to have to decide if getting desensitize is worth the cost and the effort.........I'm not sure............ OH!!!! but I found what I want my "quilt cottage" to look like.....kind of............. This is their "cabin".......and it looks like one.......I love it!!  ................in the hills of Alabama!!!!



The golden rod it blooming literally everywhere. It is so pretty. The bees like it, but the honey smells like dirty socks. We could smell it just driving through the yard! Banks of it...........


Maybe you can see the three different ridges in this photo...........There is a city out there in all those trees!! It amazes me..........


We stopped at a "Whole Foods" market yesterday..........we found this with all the flowers! Pres. Hanks had never seen a cotton bole up close before a couple of weeks ago. He said it is a powerful testimony of a Creator. "You can tell by just feeling it that it will make something to wear!"


Near the Arby's we stopped at yesterday there was this "set up"...........The man had a bull horn with speakers on his van and all these placards. I wonder if he really thought we would have time to read them all? The nearest I've come to witnessing a revival meeting.



We heard several "honks" while we were waiting for the light. That's how I got so many pictures. (waiting at the light......not honking) :-)


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the bee sting. That is scary! You are so brave to donate blood. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fun experiences...except the bee sting!!!

    ReplyDelete