Sunday, November 1, 2015

......a misty day in the "100 Acre Wood".......

I read back through my October posts so I could write a family letter to our children........you people are so patient!!!! Wow!! And now as I think what I should share with you this week, it's more of the same, I'm afraid!

I've had another week of getting quite a bit of embroidery done. However, one day I received a shipment of FORTY boxes!!! It was terrific!!!! Loved it!!! And not one Book of Mormon in the lot!! Which could be a curse.........though, I do have enough for MLC on Tuesday. I've come to the conclusion that I don't handle big dinners without a good amount of stress. (Oh really?!?!?) I don't want to stop doing them. I just need to figure out how to not be stressed, right? We are going to have Navajo tacos........should be no big deal. But I'm feeling it more than I should. ........I digress.........

My shipment came.........yes, a pretty big one. Remember, I told you Pres. Hanks wants us to get more than we need so we don't have to use the money after the first of the year so the new president will have plenty for what he wants. Make sense? I think it's a great thing to do..........so............"my" room is packed to the rafters!! I should have taken some pictures.........I will......... HOWEVER!!!! and you would think I would know this by now!!! I need to order more Book of Mormons!!! I told you about the shipment of 60 boxes.......well, one has gone here, two have gone there, some missionaries come in and take one with them (boxes, not single books)........I don't know how many there are now, but not enough in Spanish!!!!! AGH!!!!!! I have enough English. I'm praying my other order comes tomorrow........then I will have enough Spanish. And I didn't have all the DVDs they all wanted. I really don't know how to avoid that........no one wants any for a few months, so I don't order any, then SIX want them all the same month!!!!! Frustrating! But all I can do is order ten more and have them later..........

Pres. Hanks had kindly offered to stack some boxes in his office (he is rarely there anyway). So when this order of forty boxes came, I had the FedEx guy stack them outside my door (and his door). Sister Newman was right there........and they organized the stacks!!!! Bibles all here; Restoration pamphlets all there; large print Triples over there........etc............ I told him that wasn't necessary, but I guess Sister Newman had the last word. I let them sit for a day or so, 'cause I wasn't sure what I was going to do with everything. Then I got the orders from the zone leaders and needed to fill them........ the boxes found there way into the room.......some of them got emptied and the contents re-packed into two or three other boxes to go out. So then I just kept at it and got everything organized and put "away".........and it all fit in "my" room!!!!!  I'm excited about that!

Tomorrow I will need to do a little shopping and I'm going to spend the afternoon here at the apartment baking. I'm going to make the fry bread and some pumpkin bars for MLC which is on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous about the fry bread. Our family likes it baked.........probably, because that's the only way I make it.......and I made it that way for the trek two years ago. See? This is where the stress comes from. If I were sure they would like it, it wouldn't be anything to just put it all together. Roger tries to reassure me that it is food--therefore, they will like it! But that's not what I hope. I want the missionaries to like it because it is good food........not just any food! Make sense?? I'll let you know how it works out.

We had a baptism in the branch today. Three really!!! A brother and his two sisters. All teenagers. The mom is Hawaiian.......somehow the boy got a regular "John Ray Jones" kind of name while the girls got way........long...........Hawaiian.........names............. Elder Fanos did a great job saying the whole name!!! He baptized the two girls. And Elder Opare baptized the brother. Then they switched for the confirmations. I've wondered how long they had to practice to get those names learned so well. I was way impressed.

It's been rainy for three days now............soft, gentle rain......except for last night. It came down in torrents!!! There were waves running across the parking lot! I loved standing on the porch to watch it.  So I'll end with some pictures...........thanks for enduring to the end!!!!


Our stormy day here today.............It was beautiful! The clouds are so low you can't tell where the clouds start and the mist ends. Made me think of a misty day in the "100 Acre Wood" .



The street turning and going up to the right is Lorna Road. Our apartment is in the trees at the very top of the picture.


Little Valley Road........and it's really that steep. It's amazing the up and down of the roads here! 


We turn left and up some more............


Our apartment.......the one with the light on. Our front door is right behind the sign that says 2210.

2 comments:

  1. I know about getting stressed when cooking for a crowd but for me a crowd is 8 to 10 people. I'm with Roger, they'll like it because it is food and I think it will be good food too. I have been wondering what you are embroidering but maybe you can't say because it is a present for someone. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be good food! I was hoping for picture of your apartment :) Enjoy your week in the 100 acre wood!

    ReplyDelete