Wednesday, November 18, 2015

catch up.............

Ahhhhhh..........so long..........first there is nothing to write about, and then so much going on I hardly have time to think about writing! I think I stress/worry so much about MLC and such a relief when it's over that I kind of "let down". I think that was the week I had the bumps removed from my head. (they are healing really well--so glad I did that!) Last week we had transfers...........

Roger and I went to the airport to help pick up our fifteen new missionaries and their luggage. So much fun!!!! We take them to the mission home, have dinner, Roger starts his first cars/safety training while I gather up all the drivers' licenses and pass ports--the pass ports we put in the safe at the office and I copy the licenses for the missionaries' files. Then back to the mission home. We came home for a while. They called us when they were ready to go to the hotel. Next day we went to the church for transfer meeting. I love transfer meetings. This time Pres. Hanks taught about goals. He calls them "BHAGS"--big, hairy, audacious goals. He wants them to make some......and then plan the smaller goals to lead to the big ones. I wish I had taken notes. Even now I'm not remembering things.

We had to be up and to the airport the next morning at 4:30 a.m. Again..........it was hard to tell a few of them goodbye..........and since they were going to be hugging their moms before the day was out, I hugged them goodbye. Some going "home" to...........well, I really don't know where he went home to. He is the only member in his family and they are not supportive in any way. Thursday was a long day.

I received my copies of the Book of Mormon. I should take another picture..........my room is filling up. We are going to have a "Book of Mormon Blitz"........or something like that, in January. I need a bunch more............I'm going to see what our "allotment" is come the first of December.........and order every one of them.

Roger got the next year registrations for all the cars. And we picked up two new ones yesterday. We are so thankful there is a new DMV just three blocks from the office. It's been wonderful to not have to sit/stand in line for an hour. He's been there three times and spent much less time than just one trip downtown.

We had stake conference last weekend. It was g.o.o.d.!! What a blessing to see a strong stake right here in Alabama. (There are several--six, I think, in our mission.) I love the safety I feel in a strong stake of Zion. And it's here too!

Elder Dube is here this week for a mission tour. We had a multi-zone conference today here in Birmingham. Tomorrow we are going to Huntsville.

I'll get some pictures for you next time..............

2 comments:

  1. Sounds busy...busy is good! What were the bumps on your head???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. twill

    ReplyDelete