Monday, November 2, 2015

TGIM...........i.e. Thank Goodness It's Monday!

It's feast or famine here............and confession...........I've been "in the dumps" for a few days here. I haven't figured out what was going on, or if anything was going on. Crazy. Just kind of "down". I'm sure you have experienced it too--sometime or another. But today has put me on top again! The world wouldn't think that could happen on the Monday morning! It was so good to have Pres. and Sister Hanks walk into the office this morning for staff meeting. They were in Orlando last week for Mission Presidents' Seminar........four days! It was just so good to know they were home safely! And we had a great meeting!! I love our office staff meetings!!!!! Sister Newman says they remind her of faculty meetings (she taught kindergarten for 15 years)........thankfully I don't have that comparison. So I can love them completely unhindered. And then!!! Miracle of miracles!!!!!! My order of Book of Mormons came today!!!!! I was going to be short Spanish Book of Mormons......but now I have plenty, plenty, plenty!!! I'm so thankful!!! I had been praying they might come today, but didn't hold out much hope because FedEx has always called to schedule a delivery. But here they are!!!!


And I'm so thankful!! We have ninety-something boxes......well, for a few hours. I wish I had thought to have them unload them right into the van for the Assistants to take to MLC in the morning. Another thankful........they are so kind as to haul them out again tonight without complaining--all 49 boxes. I need to think of some way to sincerely thank them. We have another two great missionaries as Assistants. They just keep coming............love them!!!!! The new cart Roger insisted on getting is in the picture as well........


This is how I get the media orders ready...........each zone has a pile--at least one box, sometimes two, or sometimes just a grocery as you see to the left. Sister Newman has set the mail on top of each zone's orders. The Assistants will load them up and have them to the church in the morning. The big, narrow boxes against the wall are bikes for a couple of the new missionaries who will be arriving next Tuesday. Roger will put them together later this week.

We are having Navajo tacos tomorrow for lunch. I came home this afternoon to make the fry bread-- which I bake instead of fry........kind of makes it a little more authentic, like it was cooked in the ashes......without the ashes, of course. I figure the chili with heat it up again.......... It was a little tricky making that much bread in my little kitchen, but it worked........


I put the cooling rack over the one side of the sink and rolled it out on the table. About fifty "loaves". All done and ready to eat tomorrow. I think I'm ready to go....... I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. I love MLC meeting. I have to present about tornado safety. I made a one page flyer with information of what to do, etc. Pres. Hanks made a few recommendations, I made the changes, it's in the packets for the zone leaders tomorrow. It's been a busy day........but a good one......maybe that's why I'm feeling so much better today. I love serving here.........
 

3 comments:

  1. Glad ur sunshine is back and glad to know you are as human as the rest of us!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it figured out...work/service makes us feel good. This was good for me to remember today. Love, love, love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete