Wednesday, June 16, 2010

derailed........

YIKES!!!!!! I was looking at my blog today thinking how unexciting it is and how tired you all must be with my flower pictures..........well.........here's something made to break the monotony! "great and terrible" comes to mind..........I get a kind of sick feeling every time I look at these..........

Our John and cousin Mike were at our warehouse loading the truck and saw it all happen!! Thank goodness it happened exactly as it did--if it had to happen, that is--the only "empty" spot along there........you can't see the house behind the train, nor the gas plant on the other side of the road. And I don't think I have a picture that shows how close the tracks are to our warehouse--about 12 to 15 feet!!!! It's just a little siding where they typically travel at the top speed of 3-4 mph. I hate to think what might have happened if they were going faster!







And this is the one that started it all..............somehow it was off the track and bouncing along the ties


It moved those ties three to four inches.....

...and bent the rails!

See how close it is to our garden??? But thankfully, in an empty spot........

John and Mike were right there and saw it all! Here they are with Roger and Michelle checking it out.......talking it over........


2 comments:

  1. That is pretty crazy!! Your blog is NOT boring. Everytime I walk outside and look at my almost blossomed lilacs I think of the beautiful picture of your lilacs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCARY!!! Glad everything/everyone was safe.

    ReplyDelete