Friday, January 15, 2016

..........happy day!!............

HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!! Our shipment of Book of Mormons arrived today!!! We went to Tuscaloosa this afternoon to hug the sisters, take pictures of their car, take out all the personal items, deliver some Book of Mormons to the zone leaders, and hug the sisters again to reassure ourselves that they really are okay. We are so thankful for the watchful care of our loving Father in Heaven!!

So.........I promised some pictures. I'm having a hard time with that because the computer will not recognize my phone or my.......so I am punting. I hope this works............it didn't.......but we ran a fake punt and now it's first and goal!!!

Here are some pictures.......nothing whatsoever to do with anything I have written in the past two weeks.......well, MLC, which was such a blessing to us! I love to sit in on Pres. Hanks' training!! I wonder if it's a gift to all mission presidents or not? He's good!

These pictures are all from the end of December.......when it was still kind of warm. We've had some really cold nights since then. I was hoping to leave the strawberries and apples in the car the night before MLC, but it was supposed to get down to 27 and I chickened out. Our thermometer the next morning read 27 degrees, so I was glad I had brought them in.........



See the sun dog?
 

The harsh ripples were such a beautiful contrast to the soft, whispy ones
 

The colors here were so soft and lovely........this was one of those beautiful, barely cool, soft Southern evenings.......
 


Our MLC meal.........the bread bowls at the far end--see how huge they are?? Three 6-quart crock pots and one Dutch oven full of steaming hot, (yummy, I might say) soup, apple and orange slices, and strawberries. I made an Oreo-pudding dessert to finish it off........ so fun!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to come home and see two entries!!!!! I wanted to say something about how long it had been but I know you are not there to entertain me!!! You've had some amazing experiences that can bring back lots of memories that take time to reprocess. Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Nancy--sooooo happy to see two entries!! And...I love the titles you give your posts. They are both informative and intriguing. Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete