Tuesday, January 26, 2016

...rainy day in....Alabama.........

Roger and I took a car out to the missionaries in Locust Fork today. I wished so badly we could have taken a nice, slow, leisurely drive so I could have taken lots of pictures. But I had to drive. (Our car, so we had a way to get back. The first missionary car has to have some work done on it.) Drat! We had rain all day long..........not a heavy downpour like we get sometimes, but steady respectable rain. Locust Fork is north-east in the hills.....pretty place. Remember when I told you about the big white house on the hill that I would love to live in? Well. It's for sale!!!! And it includes a farm and a big, lovely white barn with a red roof and beautiful white fences. The clouds were way low. The mist wafted through the little meadows and among the trees. There were some of those smaller trees with pretty golden leaves under the tall pines............everything soaking wet and dripping. It was one of those days I would just like to get lost in some out-of-the-way place, listen to the rain and drink hot chocolate. There were a few "waterfalls" along the road caused by all of the rain.........like I said, I could have taken a hundred pictures today. As it was, I got just three, through the windshield, dodging the wipers........they're not very good, but they are all I have. It was almost too dark when I took those............by the way.......our wonderful missionaries were out tracting when I called to see where we could meet them and exchange cars. Good young men!



Don't know why this one is so blue?????


2 comments:

  1. Delta would never be the same without you. Can you move your bees to AL? I remember when you visited a beekeeper there. :) Glad to hear the Elders were tracting, even in the rain. I never liked to track in the rain. I know I'm a fair weather camper and I guess fair weather missionary too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A house on a hill with a barn...doesn't any better than that! I love barns!!!!

    ReplyDelete