Sunday, September 20, 2015

a week in the fourth month........but who's counting?

I had a wonderful account of last week and it has somehow evaporated.........I have no idea what happened to it!! And, of course, it was "so good"!!!! I won't be able to write "the same" again, so I'm not even going to try........we'll see where we go with this............

Monday, I wrote about.......empty room.........

Tuesday, the carpet layers came first thing and had it all finished somewhere around noon. We couldn't "get on it" for 2-3 hours, and we didn't have anyone to move the shelves anyway, so it was still empty when we came home that night.

Wednesday, we had district meeting at 11:00. I wanted to take lunch to the Elders, so I made chicken enchiladas. That made me an hour late getting to the office, but it turned out to be a real blessing. When I did arrive--well, maybe it was 1 1/2 hours late--the shelves were all in as well as all the "storage" things that go in there. And there was a pile of boxes in the middle. Sis. Newman said they got that far and then she didn't remember where things went and she didn't want me to feel "stepped on"..........so they waited for me. I was so grateful to have that much done!! I had stood in that empty room, thinking about "putting it all back" and feeling the panic rise within me.........not a good feeling!! And there was still some of that even with all that had been done! Sis. Newman came in to offer her help...........a good thing she did, too............that is one of my hardest things......to find a sensible "home" for things.........we collaborated really well, and got one of the Elders to help us some. He moved all the boxes from the President's office into the room, put most of them on the shelves as instructed and left the rest in the middle of the room where we could empty them and put things "away". They were the best of help!!! And now it is all done and I did it without panic! Wonderful!!!

Thursday and Friday were really slow days. I even had a nap one of those mornings! On Thursday I placed an order for materials--mostly copies of the Book of Mormon--800 of them. That sounds like a lot, but it's only eight for each companionship. So that doesn't seem like so many. I'm glad to get it done. My order of two weeks ago arrived.........fifteen boxes. I am trying to break it up some so I don't kill any delivery men. Sometimes they get a little ornery when there are 30 boxes and we want them stacked so we can see the label telling us what is in the box. I also did some filing for Roger........it was really slow. He even "ran out of things to do". I took my embroidery, and enjoyed working on that some. President and Sister Hanks came on Friday and we had a good visit. She took an interest in my embroidery.............she is kind.

We learned that D is in the hospital. She was supposed to be baptized day after tomorrow, but that has been postponed. We went to see her today. She tries to be so brave and positive about things, but when I hugged her she started to cry............and then we just kept hugging and crying and whispering. I loved it!!!! I thought I had learned about heartache and uncertainty in the world. No. There is so much more. And it happens to real people. People we would love if we had the chance to know them. We expect D to get out of the hospital in a day or two. I don't know how long we will have to wait for her baptism. I can imagine she will want to "hurry it up" because one of the missionaries who taught her is going home next week.............we will be sad to have him go.............

Well............that's different than the first one.......but that's okay. At least I have an account of what's been going on here.......................

1 comment:

  1. It always feels good to be organized! Love the little village!!! How amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete