Wednesday, September 2, 2015

juxtaposition...........

I just wanted to show you...........

August 31


September 2


What looks like a dirty wall is the shadow of the shelves above.............

..............and then to tell you about the wonderful time we had reading the Book of Mormon with the members in Ensley tonight. We picked up one of the investigators to go with us. I love the sweet witness of the Spirit that happens most unexpectedly........... We were reading Alma 36 tonight. We go around the circle, each reading two verses. Sometimes we stop and talk about what we are reading. Some of the members really struggle to read....nearly all struggle with scripture language. I have never been appreciative enough of learning scripture language as a child.......words like inexpressible, exquisite, harrowed, concourses.....even yea! I was blessed to read verses 17 and 18. As I did so, the Spirit bore sweet witness to me of the goodness of God and His love for us. I do not have words to say how thankful I am for all............

Alma 36:17-19
"And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
"Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
"And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I wa harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more."

2 comments:

  1. Love moments like that!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carol - cousins Nancy and Flora Lee pointed me to the fact you are posting about your mission in Birmingham here. I've enjoyed reading your writings the past couple of weeks. I also like determining where you are in proximity to our gr gr grandfather JHM travels during his southern states mission 1876-1888.

    My dear neighbors here in SLC are from Birmingham and spend a good part of each year in their home there. I told them you are serving a mission there and they are curious to know where you are living. If you feel comfortable sending me your address you may send it to b.sanborn@comcast.net. Thank you and continued best wishes and blessings in your service. Love, Bessie

    ReplyDelete