Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A totally and absolutely amazing 2 weeks......

Wow! I have so much to make up........but I really don't see how it would be possible. As I hope you can see from the new picture, we have started our next new "great adventure". We entered the MTC on 1 June and had a truly incredible two weeks.

Here is a list of highlights:
  • the blessings promised were amazing and tear jerking
  • the young elders and sisters are WOW!!!!! There really are no adequate words to describe them. It was so fun to sit in the cafeteria and just watch. They are so full of life and light and enthusiasm with the desire to share our message with the world. I was a little amazed at how I felt about them..........and the knowledge that the Lord trusts them and knows they can do the job. It was amazing.....
  • Elder Christofferson came for Tuesday night devotional.
  • Roger and I were privileged to sing in the MTC choir that night. It was wonderful. But it made Tuesday really long and we were very tired.
  • We met lots of other "seniors" who we wish we could have got to know better--from many places and going to serve all over the world: Thailand, New Zealand, Bulgaria, San Diego (Mormon Battalion visitors' center), McAllen, TX, Boston, Massachusetts, Japan, Salt Lake and Logan, Utah, (there will be a new Logan Mission come July 1--and Sis. Fowles was Aderyn's Primary teacher!!!!) and a sweet single sister going to Finland with the help of "her" elders--men who served when she was there with her mission president husband. She was so thrilled to be going back. And we learned again that everyone has a "story"..........we really are quite an amazing people!
  • We had terrific and loving teachers who were more than young enough to be our children--grandchildren to some in our group
  • We were able to go home for the weekend and participate in the Payson temple dedication. (Seniors get all kinds of privileges.)
  • We met Elder Luke who happens to be Roger's second cousin!! They knew all about William Luke and Mary Haydock Luke.........so fun! They are the ones going to San Diego.
  • Met an Elder Andrus who is about twice as tall as I am.........he didn't know his ancestry very well........just that there is a Milo back there.........
  • The "office training" was easier than the first week of "Preach My Gospel" training....and in some ways more fun. The Church has created some amazing programs to keep track of all the things a mission needs to handle. I had no idea there was so much to do to run a mission!!
  • Got acquainted with two absolutely and totally darling sisters from Canada going to Poland. How I wish I had got their email addresses when I had the chance......I thought we'd see them again....... :-(
  • Sis. Burton came for devotional the second Tuesday night...........she asked for participation from the congregation........I was further amazed and impressed with the quality of our "youth". WOW!!!! And the message from Bro. Burton was thought provoking and soul stretching.
We left a day early so we could be to Dallas for Saturday afternoon to bless little Ava and her cousin Nathaniel. We made it!!! I think the traveling will be another post........

8 comments:

  1. O yea!!! You blogged. Everything sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are using your blog to keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah.........I know about mama crows and their little ones ;-)

      Delete
  4. Umm ... did it save my comment? Love the picture and the update! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I got your first comment...........

      Delete
  5. And yes, it's 1:08 AM because your grandson is apparently boycotting sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you were up so late........don't we love those little "blackest" crows??

      Delete