Sunday, June 21, 2015

Oh......the places I'll go..........

I have more adventures to record.......while I was writing last night, Roger was taking a nap on the couch. I wondered how he was ever going to sleep through the night. Well........just as we were kind of heading to bed, or getting ready to head to bed--about 9:30.......some sisters called, "Elder Stephenson. We have a problem. We locked our keys in the car." Roger's first response, "Are you okay?" Yes. They were. A member was taking them to their apartment and they thought we should wait till morning. Roger felt differently. So we learned quickly how to open the building where the office is (we have keys to the office).......went to the office, Roger had a hard time remembering the usernames and passwords, so it was about 10:00 before we punched the address into the GPS and headed north. I called the sisters to tell them we were on our way. They were at the Elders' apartment and the Elders were at the other Elders' apartment.......the keys to the Sisters' apartment was on the same ring as the car keys. When I knocked on the door of 1A, Sis. Smith opened the door and threw her arms around me. They were so thankful we had rescued them. Now I know why Roger took a nap at 7:00! We got home at 1:00 a.m...........

We attended church today in the Ensley Branch.......and it is tiny. The "chapel" is a little bigger than out to Callao, but still kind of like Marion Ward, where we moved the chairs to have activities. We had Relief Society in the back part of the chapel which is really the cultural hall and we could hear nearly everything going on in priesthood meeting. They asked me to play the piano for Relief Society. The Stake Music Chairman comes every week to play the organ for sacrament meeting and she has worked at teaching how to lead music and tried a keyboard class, but has been more discouraged about that. She wants me to trade off months with her playing the organ and leading the music in Primary. There are only three Primary children.......sisters in a family who is called to work in the branch for two years. Why am I nervous to do this? I do it regularly at home.........

I'm trying not to think too much about grandchildren today........I'm missing them. It will be good to get back to work at the office tomorrow. And then we are going to the temple Tuesday morning. And I have to get the food for leadership council meeting arranged.

No comments:

Post a Comment