Saturday, June 20, 2015

Exploring

Quick run down for today............
  • Got up, ate, washed sheets and towels........I knew Roger couldn't stand to stay in the apartment all day long...........so we went out........
  • Went to the Red Cross donation center and donated a pint of blood each........YEA!!!!!
  • Drove to Ensley and found the church where we will be attending for a year.
  • Drove north another 11 miles or so to the temple
  • Ate a late lunch at Outback Steakhouse (they could take a lesson from Milt!)
  • Meandered our way "home"...........saw an ice cream shop on the way up so I put it in the GPS on the way home and it had turned into a Dunkin' Donuts shop :(
  •  Did some grocery shopping and came home............we are tired............
  • Hung up the family flag.........right behind the table
Now a couple of things I want to expand........ I had one of my most pleasant experiences donating blood.......she was good with the needle and we were in and out fairly quickly. When I came out!! My glasses fogged up!!!!! Think about that! Took me a bit to figure out what was going on!


We are going to the temple next week with the missionaries.........we are assigned Tuesday morning at 9:00 and Thursday afternoon......... I'm told it is a real treat to be there with the missionaries. It's always a treat though, isn't it?



Of course there are trees everywhere............but I particularly love the way the mimosa trees peek out every now and then with their feathery pink blossoms.........lovely........... And I think next spring when the magnolias bloom it will be SPECTACULAR!! There are a few blossoms left, but only here and there........



No comments:

Post a Comment