Friday, June 19, 2015

Notes from Sisters' Training Meeting

Now that we are to Friday......and we are wondering what we are going to do tomorrow (I know Roger will not be able to stay in the "house" all day long. We would BOTH go nuts!!!!) And I need to write my "journal" for today anyway...........

Our "sisters' training" was so good!! We started off with "As Sisters in Zion" with new words for sister missionaries. I noticed Pres. Hanks getting teary, could feel the tears welling and pushed them down again. I wanted to sing, not cry!! And it was glorious to sit there and sing with my sisters!!! Another "celestial" experience. I can't tell you all that was taught......I don't remember. And since a talk we watched of Elder Bednar's............ "The Character of Christ" which he gave at the MTC on Christmas Day on a Sunday 2-3 years ago...........I didn't take anything for notes--which mistake I won't make again. I think there will always be scripture references I will want to write down. There certainly were today. Pres. Hanks taught us three things........
  1. God loves us
  2. Set goals, but be kind to my friend (you are my friend)
  3. Seek the Spirit
You know, now I'm just going to give you my "notes" as I recorded them on my iPod.

Moses 1:39 immortality/eternal life
John 17:3 know God
Moroni 10:32 (I hope that one is right) come unto Christ
Serve/commandments.......ACT
John 7:17 do it=know............(I'm going to memorize this one)
Alma 32:32 (another one I hope is correct)
James 1:5
John 5:39

Seek the Spirit
Exodus 16.....manna to teach them to remember Him
spirit is like manna
Alma 5 sing song of redeeming love..........
                       can you feel so now? Ask self every day after returning home
John 14:26; 5:26 (I hope this one is correct as well)
[Somewhere here he started teaching about how the Spirit speaks to us]
Galatians 5:?
D&C 8:2 [One of his favorites is 'doth make my bones to quake']
1 Corinthians 2:11, 14

Does he ever turn away? How long will He wait for us?
Moroni 7:36
His hand is stretched out still......................

Sacrifice for a missionary is the perfect use of the Lord's time
1 John 3:29
His father taught "develop a habit of helpfulness"

And I love this one!!!!!!  If Eve made a wrong choice Jesus was plan B
And then he told us to think about that and then said it again.............so good!!!!

Sis. Hanks' sisters (2) and mother were here to help her and we had really yummy salad and fruit, more teaching, then hot fudge sundaes.........it was just really fun. I had to keep reminding myself that I was one of the missionaries, though they also teach us that we are there to support the young missionaries. And they are really great!! I've been able to meet more of them, though I wonder if I will ever remember their names. Several of them came to the office afterward for supplies. I am totally amazed at the number of copies of the Book of Mormon we give out!! These are amazingly wonderful ambassadors for the Lord. I'm grateful to be here to help. I ordered 20 more boxes (40 books per box) this afternoon!!!!!! And I assigned a whole bunch of referrals today. One of the office elders thanked me for the one I sent to them. AND!!! someone called the office to make a referral while the sisters were gone. So I entered it (now Salt Lake knows about it) and then made the assignment..........SO FUN!!!!!!! If I can call it fun. But it IS!!!!!! Now I have to convince them to update the data when they have made the contact. I'm excited to see this work. We had four or six new referrals when I got there this morning!! One of them was bogus--"Happy Halloween Dr." for the address......oh well.

Thanks again for "listening".

No comments:

Post a Comment