Monday, June 22, 2015

It had to be Monday...........

I just keep having these "one time" experiences.......at least I hope they are one time!!!! We started off this morning with an office meeting: Pres/Sis Hanks, Elder/Sis Newman, Elder/Sis Jones, the APs--three of them, the "auto men"--the two Elders who have been taking care of the cars for the past six months, and Roger/me. It was great........interesting......... Pres. Hanks is such a softy!!! And I love that! And he's funny when he wants to be. And I think I told you he has a very large personality....... Well, my upcoming assignment is the food for our Mission Leadership Council--51 people--on the 30th. I have reigned in my AGH!!!! feeling and was moving ahead..........well, it kind of got taken out of my hands. Which is okay. We are going to have good food, and it doesn't matter who or what, right? As long as the missionaries get a good meal and know we love them........ It's going to be good.

I sent out a text to the Zone Leaders that I need to have their "media orders" in so I can get stuff ordered. I was going to order that today, but I really need to know what to order. OH!!!! I didn't go into "my" room where all the supplies are stored until after the meeting--which would have been about 10:00. When I went in the second time a very short time later, I thought, "wow, the floor sounds funny when I walk over here." Yep. It was soaking wet!!!! Sadly, we had 3-4 boxes of books sitting on the floor. I hurriedly emptied them and set the wet books out on the table to dry, if possible. When I announced that it was wet, the Newmans sprang--somewhat literally--into action. One of the APs moved a stack of bedding Sis. Jones has been acquiring for the new missionaries coming in two weeks. I moved some other books off the floor onto shelves........three of the 72-hour kits backpacks were wet and I emptied them and put them out to dry........as much as possible in this 89% humidity. The building maintenance people came with fans and a wet-vac........and now the whole office smells musty like wet carpets always do. It was a leaking hot water heater.......thank goodness!!!! The restroom for the building is just through the wall!! And thankfully, I had things I could do at the computer most of the afternoon. I have all the referrals assigned back to the middle of April. I have a couple more pages to go through.

I made a couple of phone calls today about possible "Senior Activities". One to a marble quarry. (Did you know Alabama has some of the most beautiful marble in the world......and a seam 32 MILES long and 400 feet thick!!!! Amazing!! And I'm going to watch on the internet for a time when we can go to a glass blowing artist. I think those sound pretty cool. And there are some caverns near the marble quarry. Tomorrow we are going to the temple with the missionaries!!!! RAH!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I did know about Alabama marble! Didn't some of the stone for the Nauvoo temple come from a quarry in Alabama? Anyway, enjoy! And think of me...a little!

    ReplyDelete