Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2nd transfer...........

Whew..............we are tired................... We thought our second transfer would be "easier", and it was in some ways. We knew more what to expect and I was TONS more relaxed and confident in what I was doing. And I now realize that I'm not so "afraid" of the missionaries anymore. That was a comfort. And it was so fun!!!!! We had all the bikes in the office........well, all but three. This was our maze........... The lights went out yesterday during a storm. While I took a nap Sister Newman arranged all the bikes with the boxes containing their accessories and whatever else their mom sent. She also put the bag with their bedding with their bike. She is amazing...........


This is the President's office........where we have office staff meeting every Monday or Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. He has interviews there occasionally, the Assistants use it more than President Hanks does.


After our transfer meeting this morning the missionaries came by the office to pick up their supplies. It was so fun to have them come. I made cookies last night--they weren't very good (my opinion). I have much to learn about baking at 600 feet elevation and 89% humidity!! Roger insisted we take them.........and the missionaries slicked them up..........there weren't even any crumbs left!

Here are some pictures of the parking lot after the meeting.......missionaries running here and there, trying to make sure they have all their luggage, bikes from there to here...........and I'm running around trying to find Elders I'm not sure I will recognize, but I found them and got all my supplies where they needed to be. Ohhhhhhh............I about forgot. During the meeting Roger worked on Tiwis and a trunk that wouldn't shut. And after he got one tiwi changed I took the car for a test drive. It was kind of fun, but the tiwi "talked" to me only once. I was glad to learn for sure it was working! I'm hoping tomorrow will be a little easier...............





 And then Pres. Hanks comes out and yells, "Go!" or "Get out of here!" and tells me it's like herding cats or pushing around a wheelbarrow full of frogs! He is so funny sometimes. And it's a good thing he didn't know how many of them came by the office and how long some of them were there, because Roger and I went to find some lunch about 3:00 and they had to wait for us to get back .........we were hungry! It's been a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun and crazy :) How great to be surrounded by that much AWESOMENESS!!! I love that the Pres. just tells them to GO....he might kinda understand teenagers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for missionaries who make every cook feel good! LOVE your posts and you, of course!!

    ReplyDelete