Sunday, August 23, 2015

back in the saddle.............

What a wonderful day!!!!! I have decided I'm going to love Sundays.....not that I haven't liked them in the past, but we received some teaching today, and the lesson I was supposed to give in Relief Society today was on Pres. Nelson's talk from conference about making the Sabbath a delight. Read his talk again.............it's great! And this is what Pres. Johnson, stake president, gave us today......from Elder M. Russell Ballard - this is from just after the first of the year, before April conference - "The First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve have spent many hours during the past several months reviewing the research that is available regarding church doctrine and principles that increase faith in our Heavenly Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ and His atonement.

"As you are aware, we continue to be concerned about lasting conversion, covenant keeping multigenerational families, and in spiritually strengthening members of the church.

"Of all the organizational or policy changes or doctrinal training that could hasten the work of salvation at this time, we've determined that elevating the spirit and power of the Sabbath day would be the most influential in drawing members and families closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. " (emphasis added)

I just thought that was so profound! Of all the things they could teach or do, it comes to hallowing the Sabbath day. Sign me up! Can I say, "Sign us up"?? I want all of us there......to be strong and immovable.

AND!!!!!! Last week I was called to serve as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. They sustained me today. When I went back in for Relief Society and Pres. Johnson wanted all of us together, he first said he had some business to take care of........ He asked us to sustain Roger as High Priest Group Leader!!!!!! Roger told me about 20 seconds before Pres. Johnson did!!! Then they immediately set him apart! He gave Roger a beautiful blessing.........I should have taken notes.....(if that's not "wrong"). I wish I could remember it better. I do remember the feeling of love and gratitude from Father in Heaven. I will ask to be set apart next week. Today was kind of busy after church, because Roger had ward council meeting and Pres. Johnson was there. They have them after church.

Sis. Davis, Relief Society president, asked me to pray about visiting teaching this week and we will go over it next Sunday after meetings.............a.g.a.i.n.............. I have a really hard time wrapping my head around visiting teaching assignments! It's just too big!!! And I hit a pre-programmed button on the organ again today. AGH!!!!! But oh well............ It is difficult to not have a way to practice for Sunday. I keep trusting the Lord will help me, and He does......it only took me one time through "Have I Done Any Good?" to get it right the second time, but oooowwwwww!!!! The first time was pretty rugged. (Too bad there were only two verses!...........or maybe that was a good thing!) I should have chosen an easier song. But I wanted to sing that one. And since I had the choice, I thought I better take advantage of it! Right?

Lovely day.............I hope your Sabbath has been as "delightful" as mine has been.............

4 comments:

  1. Who's idea was it to those preset buttons in front of the keys, any way!!!!!! I like songs with 4 verses...I can usually get it right by the 4th time:) I have been working on my Sabath activities but slacked today :( I have been doing good with my sleeping goal :) 10:30 to 6:30 :) I'm off to read the Sabath talk...thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lovely Sabbath. Our stake is also concentrating on increasing our focus on keeping the Sabbath day holy. Somewhere it seems like I heard or read that our keeping that commandment will bless the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pres. Johnson told us that yesterday as well. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were at Kiahna's, Sean's daughter, farewell Sunday. She is going to Atlanta! Anyway, Michelle played a solo of "Have I Done Any Good." I had been practicing fiercely and still messed up the intro...agh!! So I sympathize and love you. News...our Dan was called as 2nd counselor in their bishopric so we are going to Ontario this weekend for Reini to ordain him a High Priest (He is feeling weird about meeting with that quorum.) and then back again the next weekend for him to bless their baby...good reasons to enjoy the farm scenery all across Idaho! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete