Monday, August 10, 2015

an ordinary day in Alabama Birmingham...........

Whew............. It was fun to be busy all day. I knew there was a stack of mileage/gasoline logs I needed to go through, but I didn't get to them until afternoon. I'm trying to remember what I did in the morning...... Oh!!! Since we have transfers next week and we are getting seventeen new missionaries, I thought I would get their bedding all ready for them. It's a really good thing I did too!!! Because, when I got to the bottom of the box of blankets, there were no more!!!!! I was so excited last week (or the week before) when my "linen" order came. I thought I was set! Well.........no......... I called the lady I order through--afraid that I might not have told her I needed the blankets as well. (She said I had ordered them.......whew!) She was very kind. Didn't know why they had not been shipped. She would check into it at get back to me. Then she realized that the "date I needed them by" was close! (next Wednesday) I told her I was hyper-ventilating!! She called back about an hour later to say they were shipping today and they would be here this week. Bless her!! My heart rate and respiration immediately returned to normal.

I did the mileage logs in the afternoon........got all the information in the computer that we need and filed the papers. Roger also needed to get some information from the "new" missionaries' files into the computer, so I pulled all those files and then helped enter the info--then re-file the papers. It is so fun to finally know enough that I'm not always asking how to do things........and make decisions about orders etc. My Book of Mormon order came today!!! That was another celebration. Some sisters came in this afternoon and they took a box. We are having three more zone conferences this week and the zone leaders have just texted me, asking if I will bring some boxes with me for them. I am so thrilled at the numbers of books these missionaries give! I've told them they are flooding Alabama with the Book of Mormon!! It's marvelous! I think I told you that I have been cut from the "referral team". Makes me a little sad. Well.........more than a little......... but I realize in missions where there is only one secretary, it will be a huge benefit. Sis. Newman said the referrals got put off when she was alone in the office. That's why I had so much catching up to do when we got here. I can think of other things I might trim down.........and referrals don't take that long anyway............but oh well..........

We got another bike (in a box) today and I sent the sisters who came into the office to pick up one from a bike shop that is all together. They have a bike rack on their car and we don't. They were glad to help. I think I'm going to watch the "bike assembly" video again tonight and have a go tomorrow. Then I will pack boxes for zone conference so we can be ready Wednesday morning........early. I might get this "morning thing" down yet!!! The key is the discipline to go to bed on time........that means stop doing something I enjoy doing and go to bed--which I think is a total waste of time!

Help!!! I'm getting fluffy!!! Is there an easy work out something on line I can start doing? We don't get down to the exercise room often enough..............I've got to do something!!!

I AM LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and your mission life...17 is a lot of missionaries!!!! I'm still looking for the perfect on line work out...but doing planks is suppose to be good for you and build muscle:)

    ReplyDelete