Sunday, August 30, 2015

rambling thoughts..........

I've thought a few times in the past couple of days of things I wanted to share with you, but now, for the life of me, I can't think of them. Yesterday we went to Stake training meetings in Bessemer. It was wonderful!! One of the things I enjoyed the most was singing the hymns!! They sang!!!!! A member of the stake presidency went through the training with us..........about keeping the Sabbath day holy. I shared with you the statement from Elder Ballard. This was just fleshed out a little more, but boy! it's given me cause to think about what I do on Sunday and what I am "saying" to my Father in Heaven. I also taught the Relief Society lesson today on Elder Nelson's talk from general conference...... "Making the Sabbath a Delight".

I don't want to bore you with "more of the same"...........the joy of associating with the younger missionaries, and assisting them. We went to pick up an investigator for church this morning. She is so thrilled to have "found the peace". We are anticipating a baptism in a couple of weeks! She said one of things that really got her interested was how happy the Elders always were. She knew what people say about Mormons, that they would hear the same things, have doors slammed in their faces, etc. And yet they were always smiling and happy. I love it!!!!! And while I was sitting in the foyer between Primary and Relief Society, a man in a red shirt walked in. I said hello. He asked where the chapel was. I pointed to it and told him they were just finishing up Sunday school. He sat down. It wasn't long before one of the Elders appeared and greeted him. (Thank goodness! I probably should have said more............)

Elder: Have you been here long?
Man in the red shirt: I just walked in.
Elder: Can I help you with something?
Man: I want to find a church.
Elder: I can help you with that! Come with me......

When I left after our Relief Society presidency meeting, the man in the red shirt was sitting with two Elders in the chapel listening intently. Can I just say again that I absolutely love being here and even a little bit involved!!!

I finished reading "Preach My Gospel" today........RAH!!! And it's before the end of the month! Even better. There were several things that kind of jumped off the page at me. I'm going to ask for some coaching on Tuesday at MLC. I want to be more effective. Why can't I open my mouth and "find"??? I'm determined to do better.

I often find myself "singing to myself" when we are walking around town, in the grocery store, mostly. These are the words I "sing":

"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
I know who I am.
I know God's plan.
I'll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'll honor his name.
I'll do what is right;
I'll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim."

It just makes me happy!!!! Sometimes I almost wish I could just get up on the checkout counter, do a happy dance, and tell the world why I am so happy! It certainly seems that there are a lot of unhappy people all around us. I'm beginning to understand Alma a little better............. to speak with "the trump of God"...........or even to speak "with the tongue of angels". I'm going to work on that............

2 comments:

  1. Please keep boring me!!! I love all your experiences. I will try and tag you in the video of my cute grandson singing your song...and yes I'm partial! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite hymns!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete