Monday, August 17, 2015

change up!

Thanks, Flora Lee. It will let up some, but we have transfers this week.......a training with the new missionaries tomorrow night. But red letter day!!!!!! We have all the bikes for the new missionaries!! That's more exciting than it sounds! Soooooo..........I was looking ahead to the next group coming, and realized I had mistakenly thought they would enter the MTC on September 16. Well, most of them do, but there are five entering the MTC in Mexico City day after tomorrow!!!! And I didn't know anything about their bikes! I got on the phone and though I know a mom who is going to be saying goodbye to her child soon doesn't need a bike to worry about, I had to call. They are all pretty good about it. Well.........they all were. And when I called one two weeks ago, whose son will be here tomorrow, we had a really good visit and then a chat through email. It is really fun!!! In fact!! The sister I talked to two weeks ago had a decided accent and I asked about it. She is from South Africa!! I told her our oldest son had served in South Africa Johannesburg.........she may have known him!!!! She remembers the two men who were his mission presidents. A quote from her: "You sent your first son to me and now I am sending mine to you." Yes, she is! Bless her!

Here is the change for the day............five or six of those nine bikes got moved into "my" room!


The President had to have at least one interview this morning........... since the picture though, I took out some of the big boxes on the left--they have bedding in them so I emptied the boxes and filled the bags. And we added another bike! I also did some rearranging of the boxes on the table........I have to have some things ready for transfer day on Wednesday. AND!!!! another order came!! But I think it's the one they weren't supposed to send!! So I called Salt Lake and we got it all straightened out, but that means I'll have another 25 boxes of the Book of Mormon come next week. The FedEx guy is going to hate me. The Assistants helped him today though............and Elder Van Buren came in saying he asked if they could teach him................he said no. Good for him for asking!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going great!!! I love reading your experiences!!!!!

    ReplyDelete