Sunday, August 2, 2015

not gone or lost...........

Did you think I had forgotten you? I hope not! You are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers......... We've had a busy week. I told you about MLC and I checked that off the list. I even went back to the office and ordered all the books we need (some that we needed that morning!) I'm going to place another order next week for more. I really don't want to ever run out again. I feel so incompetent and a "slacker" when someone tells me they need a Bible and we don't have any available!! And then!! One of the zones picked up all the Spanish copies of the Book of Mormon--so they don't have any English and the others who needed Spanish don't have any Spanish!!!! I've got to think of a way I can do this more accurately. I'm open to any and all suggestions.........please. Maybe I will stack everything up for each zone before I leave the church. I get the orders from the zone leaders by text and put it all on a spread sheet. Then I pack boxes with their orders and write the zone name on the box. The Assistants then make sure all that and the boxes of the Book of Mormon I tell them we need get loaded in the van and taken to MLC. I have seen them stacked in the hallway, and I've figured they will just get what they ordered/need. Next time, next month--well, this month AGH!!! I'm going to go stack up each zone's order with the box I have labeled on the top. Maybe that way they will each get what they ordered. And I'm going to have enough books!!! I was short last month too, and I'm not going to do that again! Thanks for letting me talk it out. If you see a flaw or something that would make it more efficient, please share!

I think I've also told you that I often run out of things to do. Well.........I learned this week that they are going to take away another of my "duties". In another 2-3 months they are going to have the referrals go directly to the missionaries. So I won't get to be in on that little joy. ALSO!!!!! remember the "personal driving record" your missionaries had to fill out and the three year record from the DMV they had to get and send to the mission? Well, they are going to make that part of the application process in the "missionary portal" so there is another thing I won't "have" to do!!! I told them I was going home. If they don't need me here........... I am helping Roger though. And I know he values that. We have had some wonderful time together. I think it's amazing and wonderful that we have been together constantly for two months now and we are not tired of it yet!! We had a friend at home tell us--well, through another friend--that we would need a two bedroom apartment because "sometimes you just need your space"! We do have a two-bedroom apartment, but we've shared the space quite well, I think. We even do okay in the kitchen most of the time.

We had EIGHT children in Primary today! The three little sisters who are always there, three visitors--a girl and two boys, and two others from the Branch who I had not met before. Well, the 11-year-old boy came a few weeks ago and was the only one in Primary, so we sent him with the youth. Today he had his ten-year-old (who looked more like 13 or 14!! I'm not kidding!!) sister with him. I hope they enjoyed Primary. They were pretty quiet.......I'm not even sure they sang the songs as I was also playing the piano. I've got to think of a way to teach gospel principles in between learning the songs. That isn't hard to do "at home" because I know the families and the children are there nearly every week. Here they might come............well, this is the first time I have seen this girl and the second time for the boy......in six weeks. It's sad. I wonder if they will come next week. I hope so.

If you have made it clear through all this you deserve a star!! Thanks for your love and support. I'm so thankful for my heritage.......grateful to have such a solid foundation in the gospel. Love to you!!

P.S. Remember the "puddle" from this post? click here Well! That is a 3-4 foot culvert!!!! I'll see if I can get a picture of it "dry". 

2 comments:

  1. I made it clear through and it wasn't hard!!! Always help to write or talk it through. I love that you and Roger are enjoying your togetherness!! I think Tom and I would too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to read your posts. This is my primary link with you! Wonderful to Skype during the reunion!
    Love you and again, thanks for this. As often as you can post it's a treasure---but please, no pressure.

    ReplyDelete