Tuesday, July 28, 2015

around the circle.........

Well.........another successful MLC dinner is in the books. It looked so pretty down the middle of the table........I thought about taking a picture, but had left my camera home. I've got to remember that my iPod will take pictures!........RAH!!! I can take a deep breath now and relax again. I've discovered my biggest source of anxiety--when it comes to dinners like this--is how much food to prepare........are we going to have enough? Are we way over-buying? And!!!! there is never a guarantee you will hit the middle!! We had taco salads today.......the missionaries loved them. (so gratifying) Way too much lettuce and tomatoes. (I assigned those out and when I do that, I let them make those decisions) Plenty of meat, (I cooked 18 pounds of hamburger last night while Roger made three 9X13 pans of brownies in our little kitchen), cheese, beans, etc....... with some left over, but not a lot. The chips were a little close, but I'm really glad we don't have any of those left........well, a couple of hands full. Then we had brownies and ice cream for dessert.......we couldn't have done the brownies any differently, but we had almost twice as much ice cream as we needed.........and twice as much root beer. We made dry ice root beer for them.........two batches...........we will not be doing that again! --the two batches part. We will be making root beer again. They loved it! So fun!!! I'm now open to suggestions for future lunches........... and really...........please share some ideas........

Roger is so tired. He had to go out in the heat to work on a car while we stayed inside and cleaned up the air conditioned kitchen. Then when we got back to the office he had to change a tiwi in a car and also change the bike rack. A month ago we got some new bike racks. One came off a car we are getting ready to sell, so we asked these sisters if they would like it and they did. I helped with that--there was thunder in the air and I wanted to get it done before there was rain........but the rain never came..............

I'm going to stop. I think we are both tired............ but it's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment