Thursday, July 9, 2015

loving, tender mercy...........

I had thought I would give you a rest from my "gabbing".......but I want to record my "tender mercy" today. Otherwise, we had a pretty quiet day at the office. It really is quiet, now we are down by three people--the two Elders who had been doing the cars, and one of the assistants went back out into the field for his last couple of transfers.......two or three. Sooooo..........Roger needed to take a car to the repair/body shop (it was in a wreck last week), I needed to follow and pick him up. He said, "We are going down the street here, under 65 (I-65) and it's right there". Well...........I forgot to take my phone. I thought about it (or Suzanne whispered in my ear--maybe she had to yell?) just before we got in the car, but I didn't want to go back in the office to get it. I was doing really well, and saw him turn left off Lorna, but I got stopped by the light. And lights here are L.O.O.O.O.N.G.G.ggggggg................... I realized by the time the light turned I would be hopelessly lost and the wisest thing would be to go back and get my phone. I turned left where he had turned then turned left again at the next street and was able to duck down (it went down hill) into the back of a car dealership/repair/etc. I turned around. Drove out to the light and turned right, only to now get stopped by the same tedious light the other way!!! I was sitting right in front of another driveway into the same dealership, but on the "front" side. As I sat, contemplating the universe, I heard a little "beep".........looked to the right, and there was Roger in the driveway!!!!!!!! I turned into it and we had made it.............. I sent a little prayer of gratitude heavenward. He is unfailingly kind and so generous with me!

Pres. Hanks taught us yesterday......well, he was quoting Elder Maxwell........ something like "coincidence is what happens when God wants to remain anonymous". Maybe one of you with "search savvy" can find that one for us?

It's been another great day here in the 100-acre Alabama Birmingham Mission!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love the quote!!!! Thanks for being gabby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me know about your blog! I enjoy so much your sweet spirit and your knowledge in the gospel! I will enjoy reading of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all new to me sorry I posted the same comment over and over :D I am glad to read you had a wonderful Birthday as well! I did not realise I could keep in touch still by sending you messages. Just me being an airhead! :D Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all new to me sorry I posted the same comment over and over :D I am glad to read you had a wonderful Birthday as well! I did not realise I could keep in touch still by sending you messages. Just me being an airhead! :D Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all new to me sorry I posted the same comment over and over :D I am glad to read you had a wonderful Birthday as well! I did not realise I could keep in touch still by sending you messages. Just me being an airhead! :D Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the birthday wishes and for this wonderful post. Tender mercies are everywhere and having them or reading about them bring me to tears. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete